Top Headlines: Suspicious Death, 'Postcard Lady,' New Ice Cream Shop
Did you miss something this week on Patch? We've got you covered with this rundown of the week's top stories.
1. Tarpon Springs Patch readers are invited to interact with us and have a chance to win some cool prizes just by uploading photos to our site. Add a photo of yourself, your family or your neighbors to our "We Are Tarpon Springs" gallery and you could win a Patch magnet and a spot for your photo at the top of our Facebook page! If that's not enough, enter a photo of your home's holiday decorations in our "Deck the House" contest and you could win $500 toward your electric bill or $100,000 for our local schools!
2. You may recognize Tarpon Springs' "Postcard Lady," but did you know she's in the struggle of her life as she fights to keep her home? Read all about her story.
3. There's a new ice cream shop coming to town. Twistee Treat is set to open in a shopping plaza on Tarpon Avenue, between U.S. 19 and Huey Avenue, some time in the first quarter of 2013. Excited?
4. Tarpon Springs Patch editor Rachel Jolley ran her first 5K last weekend. She had already endured NCAA Division I preseasons, thousands of miles around a soccer field and gym workouts to boot. How bad could this 5K thing be? Read her column to find out.
5. Tarpon Springs Police on Friday investigated what they called a "suspicious" death at an apartment complex. The body of Eddie Dixon, 73, was found Friday morning by his caretaker.