Snow on Tarpon Avenue, Real Reindeer and Christmas Stories
One of the largest events of the year is happening this weekend, along with other holiday-filled options to boot.
- There's Snow Place Like Tarpon Avenue will be coming to town on none other than Tarpon Ave. in downtown Tarpon Springs starting at 4 p.m. The event will feature real reindeer, hayrides and falling snow. The event is free and family friendly. And don't forget to bring your letters to Santa.
All Weekend Long
- The New Century Opera will be performing Iphigenia in Aulis (in english) at the Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center on Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and on Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets are $22 and $18 for members and students. Click here for more information.
- Back by popular demand, three actors decided to skip the traditional Christmas Carol performance and combine a slew of holiday stories from around the world. The show, Every Christmas Story Ever Told (And Then Some), showcases stories, icons and carols that bring the holiday season to life. The performance will take place at the Tarpon Springs Cultural Center on Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and on Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets are $16 and $14 for members and students. Click here for more information.
- Christmas tree sales around town benefit a number of organizations including, the Tarpon Marching Band boosters and the Boys and Girls Club.
- Check out this rundown of ways to give back in Tarpon Springs. If you're low on funds, this is a great way to put the pep back in your step.
What else is happening this weekend in Tarpon Springs? Let us know if we missed something in the comments below!